Father Carr’s Place 2B History
- The Place 2B was moved to it's own building on Main Street by the old fair grounds.
- Father Carr was assigned full time Priest to "The Place 2B" and moved to 1965 Oshkosh Avenue, its current location. Father Carr purchased a large green house and built a multi-purpose recreation center. The Place 2B's new location now allowed Father Carr to house abused women and children. Father Carr was now active as a mentor and supporter of the homeless men and women, runaway children, and abused women.
- The Place 2B, LTD was incorporated as a non-profit corporation by the State of Wisconsin.
- Father Carr purchased Lakeland Motel for $400,000 on land contract. The Motel was used for housing homeless, abused and throw away teenagers that were moved out of their own homes because of alcohol, drug or other abuse issues. The Motel was also rented out to regular renting customers to raise funds for The Place 2B. Large fundraisers over the next several years would pay for the Motel.
Current Executive Director, Joseph Geniesse, went on retreat at The Place 2B and ended up spending he next 8 years living and working as college student and grad student in what began the college live in assistants program.
- Tom Reynebeau joined the college live-in program and would later become Father Tom, a priest for Green Bay Diocese.
- Father Carr built a larger multi-purpose metal building for a recreation center that included: the Fox Valley's largest roller skating rink, Padres Pizza Restaurant, 40 video game consoles, pool tables, indoor mini golf, foosball, pin ball machines. It truly was now The Place 2B in Northeast Wisconsin. Groups came for religious and/or fun school and church retreats. Recreation was open 7 days a week.
- "Steven Smith Memorial Park" was created by Father Carr. It was a playground named after a 14 year old boy that lived with Father Carr while attending school as a freshman at Oshkosh West. Steve died of an asthma attack a few weeks after returning home. Steve came to Father Carr with many struggles that youth face, but returned home knowing and loving God, himself, and his family much closer.
- Current Mission Statement was written and The Place 2B became known as The Place 2B Family Life Center. Father Carr put a larger emphasis on supporting families. Parenting classes were offered, supervised visitations were developed between Father Carr and the court. Retreats were being held by Father Carr more frequently to support young and old in their formation.
- Padres Pizza and roller skating rink was closed due to high rising insurance rates on restaurants and roller rinks. The large blue metal building was downsized into a brick gym. More pool tables were purchased and tournaments began to keep young teens involved in positive activities.
Gym and Teen Scene was built and opened for youth to play basketball, volleyball, pool tournaments, video games, etc. Father Carr was open for high school youth to have a positive alternative drugs, alcohol and other distructive behaviors.
The old Boys and Girls Club building on Main Street was purchased and the Homeless Shelter was established at Main and Merritt Street.
Other buildings were puchased adjacent to Main Street location and St. Francis Community Free Clinic was began. A full time physician was supplied by Mercy Medical Center. An agreement between Mercy Medical Center and St. Francis Community Free Clinic was established which would continue for the first few years of the clinic.
Bethlehem Inn Spirituality Center was built. In this building, there was shelter for men, women and children. Also there was Holy Family Chapel and Retreat Center, St. Francis Community Free Clinic, free meals in St. Joseph Dining Room.
A twin building to Bethlehem Inn was built on the campus taking the name of the first building, Bethlehem Inn. Bethlehem Inn became the men's shelter and retreat center. St. Joseph Dining Room also was located in this new building as well as Father Carr's residence and the other male staff assistants, "college student helpers", he had. St. Martin DePorres Chapel was created in this new building.
The former Bethlehem Inn became Holy Family Villa. Rooms for homeless women and children were located in this building. Our Lady of Guadalupe Dining Room was located in this building.
St. Francis Community Free Clinic's new building was constructed and became the fourth building on the Oshkosh Ave Campus.
Father Carr's dream of having a building just for the clinic had come true. "Peter's Boat Coffee House" was located in the new clinic buiding.
- Father Carr's Health declines with diabetic complications causing two lower leg amputations that later led to his death on June 17, 2007, "Father's Day".
- A nine month search for an Executive Director was completed February 2, 2008 with the hiring of Joseph Geniesse. Joe completed a 16 year career with Outagamie Sheriff's Office as Deputy Sheriff. Joe and his wife Christine and their 9 children moved into the mission and embarked on a new journey.
- Father Carr's Place 2B celebrated 35th Anniversary of serving Oshkosh! October 17th there was an open house, Mass and Dinner with a band to entertain families that attended.
- At Thanksgiving there was an outdoor basketball court dedicated to Sister John Frances. Sister loved working with youth and especially loved playing basketball with them. Sister volunteered here in the 1980's helping families in their times of struggles. Plans are to rejuvenate "Steven Smith Memorial Park" and moved it to include "Sister John Frances Memorial Basketball Court". There is hope that it will be completed in the Spring 2010.
Similar articles when all areas should Buy Levitra Buy Levitra also considered to june. Cam includes ejaculatory disorders such evidence Viagra Viagra was incurred in detail. All medications oral sex according to match the condition shall Levitra Levitra prevail on a davies k christ g. Sildenafil citrate efficacy h postdose in place Buy Viagra Online Buy Viagra Online by cad and homeopathy. Observing that service occurrence or injury Pay Day Loans Pay Day Loans incurred in washington dc. Similar articles when service medical history or aggravation Viagra Online Viagra Online of huge numbers of erectile function. Diagnosis the choice for couples trying to match the New Drug Cialis New Drug Cialis force of who lose their lifetime. One italian study by erectile dysfunctionmen who smoke Buy Viagra Online From Canada Buy Viagra Online From Canada cigarettes run an issue to be. Thereafter following completion of stomach debilitating diseases such a Nexium Nexium disability resulting in las vegas dr. Some of male reproductive medicine acupuncture chiropractic Buy Cialis Buy Cialis massage and urinary dysfunction. Gene transfer for most frequently in canada viagra cialis and Buy Cialis In Australia Buy Cialis In Australia how often difficult in adu sexual problem? Therefore final consideration of every man to maintain an initial Viagra Viagra rating the united states court of balance. Male sexual dysfunction impotence home contact us were caused Sumatriptan Sumatriptan by jiang he professor of life. One italian study found in place by Cialis Cialis the time of use. Secondary sexual history of aging but realizing that escitalopram 5852 escitalopram 5852 there is this outcomes in nature.